Gladwyne Volunteer Fire Company Gladwyne Volunteer Fire Company

Random Profile

Alan David
Firefighter / Tillerman

2018 Incidents
Jan 33
Feb 30
Mar 59
Apr 30
May 32
Jun 34
Jul 50
Aug 48
Sep 37
Oct 23
Nov 43
Dec 15
Total 434

Past Incidents
2017 386
2016 367
2015 375
2014 387
2013 319
2012 251
2011 269
2010 251
2009 227

Web Counters
Website Visitors
Since
January 19, 2009
1,704,565
Visitors Today
Dec 13, 2018
517

Electrical Fire In The Extreme Heat
Email Email Print Print RSS RSS Facebook Google+ Twitter

By Radio Room
July 1, 2018

While most of the community were swimming or in the air condition to keep cool on Sunday afternoon, Gladwyne Firefighters were dealing with a large electrical fire that shut down Conshohocken State Road and Lafayette Road. Firefighters arrived on location to find a large PECO bundle wire on fire that eventually spread to multiple other wires and cables.

Once PECO arrived and confirmed that ALL of the wires involved were shut down and there was no danger to the firefighters, the fire was extinguished.

Gladwyne Firefighters were on scene for just over an hour and a half.

While the 2 engines were on scene of the call, the Ladder truck assisted Ardmore Fire Company at the Sunrise Assisted living facility on Montgomery Ave for a dryer on fire on the 3rd floor.

Thank You to all of our Firefighters for responding to these calls in the sweltering heat.

Units: Engine 24 and Engine 24-1
 
No Caption
Wires and Pole on Fire
Wires and Pole on Fire
 
The aftermath
The aftermath
 
 

Comment Comment 0 Comment(s)


Website Designed and Hosted By: Content Proudly Maintained By: Contact Info:
Firehouse Solutions
www.FirehouseSolutions.com

Gladwyne Volunteer Fire Company
1044 Black Rock Road
Gladwyne PA 19035


Emergency Dial 911
Non-Emergency: 610-642-9586
Station Fax: 610-645-8313
E-mail: Info@Gladwynefire.org
Copyright © 2018 Firehouse Solutions (A Service of Technology Reflections, Inc.)